Terms & Conditions
- Free of charge for children under the age of 3 years
- N$ 1,000.00 per child (3 – 12 years) in a kiddies tent or sharing with adults
- Children above 12 years cannot share with adults or stay in children’s tents and will be charged the full normal rate.
- The above rate for children is a nett rate and includes dinner and breakfast, but excludes lunch and activities.
- Mowani Mountain Camp is child friendly.
- Children under the age of 12 can be accommodated in a Children’s Tent or on camping beds in the rooms with their parents. Please note that Mowani Mountain Camp has a limited number of camping beds.
- Parents are requested to keep their children under control. Other guests need to be taken into consideration, especially on activities and when in the dining area.
- In extreme situations where parents are unable to control their children, and where their misbehaviour is affecting the other guests, we will regrettably have no choice but to ask them to leave.
- Please note the following:
- There are snakes and scorpions in the area and parents are requested to make sure that their children do not put their hands in little nooks and crannies.
- Mowani Mountain Camp is surrounded by boulders – dangerous and slippery. Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not climb, or jump and leap on the boulders.
- Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not jump from the boulders into the swimming pool.
- Parents are kindly requested to make sure that their children do not remove threads of thatching from the dining and lounge areas.
- Parents are kindly requested to advise us if they would like their children to dine earlier and if there are any special children’s food requests.
- Please be sure to advise the booking office of any special dietary requirements or allergies and also of the guests’ time of arrival at the lodge, or estimated arrival and departure times if guests are flying in to Twyfelfontein airstrip.
- Landing and parking fees at Twyfelfontein airstrip are for the clients account and should be paid on arrival at Twyfelfontein Country Lodge.
- Airstrip transfers cost N$75 nett one way.
- Airstrip transfers are included free of charge in the two night package.
CHECK IN / OUT POLICY:
- Check-in time is from 13h00, and check out time is 10h00.
- Earlier check in time, if requested, will be considered subject to availability of rooms. In all instances expected time of arrival must be advised.
ENERAL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All bookings, amendments and cancellations must be made in writing, either by e-mail or fax.
- All written bookings, amendments and cancellations will be valid once we confirm in writing.
- Provisional bookings will be held for 14 days and will be automatically released where no written confirmation or cancellation is received.
- Provisional bookings made within the cancellation period will be held for a period of 24 hours and will be automatically released where no written confirmation or cancellation is received.
- Direct bookings: In order to secure or confirm a booking a valid credit card number has to be provided.
- Credit cards accepted are: Master Card, Visa, American Express and Diners Club.
In the event of a confirmed booking not being cancelled or amended in writing, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- 0 – 7 days prior to arrival - 100%
- 8 – 14 days prior to arrival - 50%
- 15 – 30 days prior to arrival - 25%
BLOCK / GROUP BOOKING PROCEDURE
- Bookings of more than 3 rooms (including a guide room) will be viewed as a group booking.
- Block / group bookings must be confirmed with a rooming list, stating guests’ full names, at the latest 60 days before the travel date, at which time the 25% non-refundable deposit is due.
- A group booking is only guaranteed once a 25% non-refundable deposit has been paid. We will endeavour to hold the rooms for you as long as possible, but only a deposit guarantees the booking.
- Any room/s not confirmed and paid for (deposit) 60 days before travel will be released and can be booked subject to availability at a later stage on a first come first serve basis.
- Regrettably operators have misused our group booking policy resulting in unfair practices. As a result we have had to implement the following conditions:
- Should we be holding an unconfirmed group booking for you, and we have a confirmed booking for the same space, you will have 48 hours in which to confirm the block booking by paying a 25% non-refundable deposit –failing which the rooms will be sold to the confirmed request.
LOCK /GROUP BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival, such a cancellation will be acknowledged and confirmed.
- If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled between 30 – 60 days prior to arrival, a 25% cancellation fee on the entire booking will be levied.
- If a block / group booking or part thereof is cancelled within 30 days of date of arrival, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied as a 30 day release period (or less) makes it quite impossible to fill our beds and resulting losses are unacceptable.
- 31 – 60 days prior to arrival - 25%
- 8 – 30 days prior to arrival - 50%
- 0 – 7 days prior to arrival - 100%
- Payment of the full accommodation account is required 30 days prior to arrival.
- Electronic or direct payments can be made into the following Bank Account:
- Account name: Mowani Mountain Camp
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Branch: Gustav Voigts
- Branch code: 08277200
- Account No: 241433142
- Proof of payment must be faxed to us and must include your booking number. Failing to provide the required information will result in your booking remaining in an unpaid status that could result in it being cancelled.
- All bank charges are for account of the operator.
- All rates and conditions are subject to change.
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES:
- Each campsite has its own private ablution facilities – shower, basin and toilet plus a kitchen wash-up area.
- The campsite is serviced on a daily basis.
- Subject to availability and ONLY in the Low Season, campsite guests may make reservations for meals at the Lodge. Such reservations can only be made on arrival. Preference is given to Mowani Mountain Camp guests.
- None of the other facilities at Mowani Mountain Camp are available for campsite guests.
- Campsite guests are advised to bring along their own foodstuffs.
- Wood and ice is available for sale.